Tuesday 16 April 2013

Sunset fascination

A sunset...a simple but beautiful creation by mother nature has become one of my favourite things to look forward to in a day. When I lived in Switzerland, the landscape and scenery was polar opposite to London. Everywhere in the horizon would be a hill, field, mountain...some kind of beautiful pretty backdrop something you imagine in postcards and paintings. I never realised how beautiful sunsets were til I was in Switzerland because the rolling hills and backdrops gave it a totally different feel. Sunsets change everyday, sometimes more red or pink with the sun more intense or a blur. I haven't seen such intense sunsets than in Bern but that doesn't make a London sunset any less beautiful. They bring a smile to my face and allows me to escape reality for that moment, always bringing me back to Switzerland where I first fell in love with them.

"...she remembered watching a summer sunset from this very spot. Not so long ago; just a lifetime."
- Sharon Kay Penman, When Christ and His Saints Slept


Sunset in Köniz, Bern on one of my walks home 



No comments:

Post a Comment